Monday, January 24, 2011

George S. Moore ... Citi Group ..

So, Terry and Hubert Von Pantz were big in Marbella, Terry was the heiress to Avon Cosmetics and she had Avon buy my trunk show, So, with lawyers we started a Panama corporation, the Spanish Government under Francisco Franco was giving me fines for working. With Avon and Citibank on my board of directors, and the lawyers, from Panama - they stopped that, George S. Moore, who had been chairman of the board at Citibank - was a big help. The King of Spain and Onassis were both his clients, he was from Hannibal Missouri. I helped George with the Federated Group buying, in the 1980's the second largest department store chain in Spain. However the deal went bad .. George said "What worked at Bloomingdales's didn't fly in Madrid" he died in Sotogrande, Spain 2000 .. Charon Moore his wife , I dressed her and liked her very much. They introduced me to the King of Spain. It was at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, back, when Ford was in the white house .. You had to be cleared by the state department .. there were cops for blocks around the hotel. There was a state dinner for the King and Queen in Washington D.C..