Friday, December 17, 2010

Alison Susan Robertson and the Cullen clan from Texas ..

I was staying at the Navarro Hotel on Central Park West in New York with Alison Susan Robertson(the great granddaughter of Hugh Roy Cullen from Houston) more money that God she had a suite and would wear her red Ralph Lauren mink coat and we would go out in her green 1976 chaffeur driven cadillac eldorado convertable, top down, every night to the infamous Studio "54" hanging out with "The Savanah Band" and Steve Rubel, Halston and Liza. I had to check out and go back to Marbella for business and a rest. It was 1977- 78 it was grazy .. Marbella , New York, Hollywood a lot of gossip and the paparazzi in Marbella . I did not go to El Morocco anymore because Joe Norban had sued me for breach of contract. I only did three years instead of the seven.. He sued me in Spain and I won the case .. I think he just wanted to make a point really ... I was burned out I had to quit. The $250 thousand dollar a year deal wit
h Joe Norban ,(Lynn's store)and $50 thousand from Avon plus some outside deals with Joe, was hard to let go but I still had income from the boutiques in Spain .. The glory days were really over 1973,74,75, I had made over a million bucks in those three years. I needed to get out of Spain for a while .. So I took a house in Laurel Canyon on half an acre .. 11365 Canton Drive in Studio City ... Valerie Perrine had moved out and left it a wreck (she had five huge dogs). It had a 20 by 40 ft. swimming pool the house was from the 1950's. Jane Fonda lived next door. Siemon Posthuma (the dutch artist) had painted the pool with mermaids ... And Alison took a house in Bel Air right on Sunset Blvd. Later Harold Robbins rented it, after I took her to his Thanksgiving party at his Tower Grove house just above the Beverly Hills Hotel that he was paying $20 thousand a month rent for her house was cheaper and she wanted to move out of it. Harold Robbins was so funny he used to drop Quincy Jones name like I would drop his ..