Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shirley Bassey & Queen Soraya of Iran ......


It was 1992, I had just turned forty two. I was in the boutique in Marbella when I get a call from Baronesa Antonella Von Cams she is giving herself a birthday party the season is ending and she wanted me to sit next to Soraya the Queen of Iran, first wife of the Shah, who was in depression big time and Shirley Bassey the most successful singer in British history on my left! I love Shirley Bassey she is so possessed by demons or something and the Queen Soraya as well but not in a good way for her ... Antonella and her Casa "Chiquitita" in the Marbella Club was so great she spent a lot of money on it a beautiful house.. La Meridiana was doing the bar and food, the party cost her $75,000. The kicker is Shirley Bassey who really is the best voice, sang Goldfinger, and Sean Connery was there and we all pointed at him when she left the stage. Then we danced to a "Rock & Role" band, she had a small stage set up in her garden/yard. I love Shirley, didn't care much for her son that we all called 'The Baby Bassey' he would come in my boutique and sit could not get rid of him, I could not just tell him to leave because of his important/famous/rich mother ..........Antonellla Von Cams was strange had lots of mystery about her. A lot of mystery about Soraya as well who died in 2001 in Paris at age 69 .......