Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grace and Harold Robbins had two Yachts ...

Grace and Harold Robbins came to Marbella, Spain on there yacht they kept in the South of France. He had another one in Los Angeles. They docked it in the Puerto Banus and came into my boutique and bought some dresses for Grace, I said to him how much I liked his work and said I was going to give him a lunch party. I called my business partner from N.Y. Mr. Joe Norban who was renting Mel Ferrer & Audrey Hepburn's house in the Marbella Club. Joe owned "El Morroco" night club and a cheap dress empire among other things. Was a kinda social climber. The story about the Jew that the snooty private club would not let join, so he buys the place, is a true one, it was him. I tell Joe, they are in town and I am going to give them a lunch party. He bites hard on this one. He said , why not have it here at Mels house. I said, why not. So, Harold asked me to invite Lita Milan Trujillo who was the star of his first book made into a movie "Never Love A Stranger". She later married into the Trujillo Dominican Republic dictator's huge money . She came with a super hot bullfighter - Jaime Ostos.. Linda Christian was another one he wanted.. Several more were Negulesco, Rothschilds, Mel , Audrey Hepburn.. it was a blast. Joe, had so much fun he paid for it. This put me in with Harold. In 1976 he invited me to his superfaciful New Years's Eve party. Harold was the biggest selling author of all time he was the inspiration for the Beatles song in 1966 "Paperback Writer" because he had three books on the best seller list in 1965 .. He was as much a force in the Social/Sexual revolution as the pill and pot .. Life is funny his book to movie "The Adventurers" was my inspiration to go to Europe and then, I become his friend, all I can say to that is WOW ! He earned and spent $50M in his lifetime !!!