Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bernardine Szold Fritz .. 1980 ..

So, Bernadine for one thing played herself in "REDS" Warren Beatty movie !! So, she was a Hollywood insider, she wrote for 'New York Magazine' something about Marlene Dietrich's slinky gown ---- I was working for Norton Simon in the late 1970's early 80's it was a very lucrative services rendered contract, he wrote me checks !! So, his world was expensive he paid $17,000 a month to keep the lights etc. on in his Malibu Estate.. There was always a lot of cars parked out front, a lot of action .. he liked action!! Sometimes, to much, I used to think. He wanted me to be his leg man, and interview Bernardine Szold Fritz .. in her Beverly Hills home. It was supposed to be about a coffee table book on Asian Art & Buddism .. He owned Simon and Schuster Publishing House, so, I took this seriously and did just that .. However this whole thing was Palace Intrique Hollywood Style, Joseph Cotton was mixed up with her and she had lived in China for 10 years and there was a child involved who was raised as a monk and a girl granddaughter named Feather, now the boy came to America to find his family and his mother, the daughter of Bernardine. I think this book was Jennifer Jone's idea. Ok, so the daughter was the boy monk's mother!! A very strange back story. I guess the kicker is - Feather the girl who was raised by hippies and the boy from China, raised by monks, both saw there mother leap from a window ledge! That is were we left off of the story - Bernardine died in 1982 and we never finished the book .... to be continued ..the Wall Street Journal has the story .. I never understood the whole thing I would like to read it ......