Thursday, February 2, 2012

Memosa Meadow .. 1987

So, my niece Memosa was visiting me in Hollywood. She was down from Eugene, Oregon it was in September and she had to fly back soon .. we had had a fun late lunch at my favorite Sushi bar, with my favorite Sushi chef and I was impressed at how she just went for it, it was her first raw fish, I think.. anyway, we get back to my house on North Curson north of Sunset and are talking about how much fun Lainie Kazan is !! She and her daughter were our lunch dates.. So, then, I get a phone call from Elle Elliott and SHE is doing the make-up / hair for the MTV Awards at the Universal Amphitheatre in the Valley. So, she had two tickets - front row, So, Memosa wore one of my checkered couture jackets very expensive, with covered buttons. I had a good year in 1985 and gave her and her sister Dassi Aliza $20,000 worth of couture dresses/jackets/coats/silk shirts the kind of stuff Jackie Kennedy would envy. So, we go over Laurel Canyon in my 1982 Le Baron convertible - park and go in and we sit next to, of all people, Heather Locklear/Tommy Lee who had been married about a year. On Memosas's other side was Peter Cabriel, who, as luck would have it, had to get up and win for his video "Sledgehammer" and was 'video of the year'... At some point, I went and talked to Cher and got back to my seat to see Whitney Houston belt the hell out of 'I Wanna Dance With Someone' but the killer of the night was and I really don't like Heavy Medal, that much, and didn't think, I would like them .. was 'Whitesnake' blew the f--king roof off ! So, fun was had by all and we had a picture with Heather/Tommy and this is where I think my niece may
have gotten the idea to be in the make-up business .. when she saw all the cash they paid Elle Elliott !!