Sunday, February 5, 2012

Loretta V. Smithey ..

So, my family was like the TV show called "Father Knows Best" I was the middle boy child always in trouble.. My poor mother had to put up with a lot .. I was the cute guy that all the girls in my schools wanted to have sex with and that made a lot of macho, straight guys see red. My mother's father was a Chief of Police in Georgia and was Eleanor Roosevelt's bodyguard. Once, when mom was a dress buyer at Miller & Paine in Lincoln, Nebraska she took me to New York with her and we stayed at the Hilton and I bought a mustache and wore it around, spirit gum, the whole bit, and played like I was older, that was funny.. I remember when Mom cut the apron strings .. she had just gotten back from California and had on black leather pants and gold lame' type top on and we were standing in the kitchen in one of their many houses, I was about 13 .. and a boy knows when something has changed, anyway, I was loyal to her until she died .. Once, I was busted for pot in San Antonio, Texas. I was coming back from Mexico with two friends and the police came in squad cars and helicopters and the 6'O'clock News and we had nothing on us. We did have long hair and were 'Hippies' so they framed us and when we got to the 'Downtown San Antonio Police Station' my one phone call was to the Sheriff!! He was a friend of my mothers, and you should of seen the look on those cops that busted me,
it was Priceless!! He put me in the Penthouse on the 7th floor and somehow the whole thing kinda mystery like was over .. I did have to stay the week-end and Monday morning that was it .. So, my mother said why don't you visit Uncle Frank in Atlanta and stay out of trouble, I loved my mother we were close you know what they say 'A mother raises her daughter but loves her son' ..