Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beverly d' Angelo .... "In the Mood" ...

So, in 1979 they made the movie of the Broadway play of 1968 called 'Hair' where a draftee meets a tribe of 'Hippies on his way to the army to go off to the Vietnam war not really the same plot but still good, Beverly told me about the audition .. Beverly had luck and talent and was in the movie..  I met her in 1977 at a party for Roman Polanski in Beverly Hills given by Jorge Guinle...  Also, I knew, Paul Jabara he was in the original cast on Broadway of Hair and also did 'Jesus Christ Superstar' in London he played King - Beverly was friend of Pauls..   I loved him in the movie 'Day of the Locust' -   Paul lived in Laurel Canyon in the late 1980's close to Beverly's house.   Paul was also a friend of  Egon von Furstenberg the rich German Prince whose sister was Ira married to Prince Alfonso Hohenlohe -  Agnelli the Fiat family..  He too died young most likely from AID'S .. I had my best year ever in Marbella -  1985 black was big, saved me from going out of business..   'In the Mood' AKA ' The Woo Woo Kid'... My friend Richard Arrington did her make up and Elle Elliott did this blonde hair style .. She looks great !!!! Rachel Perry gave us that lipstick red to match the hat ...