Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cary Elwes ... 1989 ... 'Glory' .....



So, in 1989, I get a call from Cary Elwes in Hollywood....  He was back from  Georgia finished  the movie "Glory".  His brother Damian, an artist,  who hit it big in 1984 in New York, was having an art show of his work in West Hollywood an art gallery on Melrose across the street from Morton's restaurant .. I was invited! So, I go and the first person I meet and  talk to was Freddie Fields, the Producer of 'Glory' about his wife in New York Polly Bergen.  Who I knew from a lunch party that Vera Swift gave  and spent a lovely afternoon her and Joan Collins. Rob Lowe was at the party  both Cary and Rob are killer good looking, so cool . I  said to Cary about how in 1974 I remembered his family member .. the Earl of Lucan and the big scandal in Europe .. Cary's mother was a rich Heiress .. and was old money .. So, the story was that the wife of Lord Lucan who "They" think did kill Sandra his wife in London in 1974 and "They" never found him .. I think he flew off over the Atlantic until the gas ran out in his plane..  is what I heard..  So, this gallery art show was fun. The next night we all went to a 
screening of 'Glory' in Beverly Hills I sat next to Sean Penn's mother Eileen Ryan. Cary is a doll I just love this guy .. the kind of guy I would like to go to my favorite Chiringuito on the beach in Marbella/Spain with and close the joint .. He would not say no to a class of Champagne .. I told him Adnan Khashoggi owed me ten thousand dollars. He said that he had heard a lot of people say that lately. I wondered what ever happened to Lord Lucan !! Not sure if he was gay Rob Lowe maybe, those English Nobleman you never know. His other brother was there too, Cassian Elwes .. very influential in the movie business !!!!